Freshman Collapses In Gym Class

A Memorial High School freshman is back at school after going into sudden cardiac arrest during a physical education class last month.  Village Fire Department Chief David Foster credits the quick action of MHS staff and the use of an AED — Automated External Defibrillator — in saving the girl’s life.

“AEDs save lives,” Foster said. “This shows that its really important to have AEDs. ”The freshman was running laps in the school’s gym as part of a routine gym class when she fell out, said MHS ninth-grade principal Kathy Crain.

Full story

Comments are closed.